In February 2020, NAPWHA advertised the National Congress of people with HIV (PWHIV) in Australia which has necessarily been postponed until September 2021 due to the COVID-19 epidemic. As a consequence of this delay several members of the advisory group have had to withdraw their participation of this organising group for the congress.
Therefore, the advisory group is seeking expressions of interest from people living with HIV in Australia to contribute their lived experience and skills to the Advisory Group for the 2021 National Congress of people with HIV.
Eligible applicants are encouraged to APPLY now before 13 November 2020.
National Congress 2021
The congress is an initiative of ViiV Healthcare and NAPWHA. NAPWHA is ensuring the Meaningful Involvement of People with HIV (MIPA) in the development and implementation of a National Congress of people with HIV (PWHIV) in Australia. The congress presents an opportunity to bring HIV positive people across the country together to exchange views and ideas to advance the wellbeing of PWHIV in Australia. This forum will be a unique opportunity for HIV positive people in Australia and aims to focus on the Art of Flourishing and living well with HIV.
The scope of the advisory group will be to provide advice on the format, content, topics, speaker selection, and attendance of this gathering of people with HIV in Australia.
What we are looking for
We are looking for engaging and inspiring people with HIV who are willing to commit to participating in the advisory group for its duration. The advisory group wishes to enhance the representation on the group from any of the following demographics of positive people:
- recently diagnosed
- trans and gender diverse
- multicultural background
- Openly HIV positive and living in Australia
- Enthusiasm and skills to ensure a successful event
- Available to participate in regular meetings both remotely and in person
Please submit an application (in Word format) addressing the following points. (no more than 2 pages)
- A brief introduction to you, your experiences, skills and background
- What population of people with HIV best reflects you?
- Why do you want to participate in the advisory group?
- What can you contribute to the advisory group?
- How will you share your learning’s from the congress with the diverse HIV population in Australia?
- What is your vision for a People with HIV congress?
Please ensure you provide your contact details including which State or Territory in Australia you currently live, email, and contact phone number. If you are currently involved with a HIV organisation providing services to people with HIV, include the name of your organisation and your role/function