The National Association for People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA) is Australia’s peak non-government organisation representing community-based groups of people living with HIV (PLHIV) across Australia. We provide advocacy, policy, health promotion, effective representation, and outreach on a national level. A strong and effective Board of Directors will keep people living with HIV at the forefront of the response. This will require a dedicated team to align with the vision of the organisation to see a world where people living with HIV live their lives to their full potential, in good health and free from stigma and discrimination.
Beyond ensuring the good governance of the organisation, elected Directors will play a significant role overseeing the implementation of our Strategic Plan 2020 and beyond, as well as supporting staff, volunteers and stakeholders through new opportunities and challenges as we advocate for the health and well being of the HIV community in Australia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for inspirational leaders who have a genuine passion for advancing the rights of people living with HIV.
Nominations are now sought for the positions of
President, Treasurer/Secretary and two (2) Ordinary Directors.
- Monday 27 September 2021 — Nominations for Board positions open for President, Treasurer/Secretary and two (2) Ordinary Directors
- Friday 15 October 2021 — Nominations close at 4:00PM (AEST)
- Date TBA November 2021 — Results announced at NAPWHA Annual General Meeting
How to apply
To nominate to stand for a NAPWHA Board position you must:
- Correctly complete the NAPWHA Nomination Form and your personal Supporting Statement (a brief personal profile written by the person being nominated, not exceeding 2 pages).
- Indicate which board position you are standing for
- Have your nominators affix their names to the form along with the name of the PLHIV organisation that they are members of, and sign the form; all in the correct places.
- Send the correctly filled out form and your personal statement to the Returning Officer by email or post.
- Note: All nominations must be RECEIVED by no later than 4.00 PM Friday 15 October 2021.
Submit your nomination
Nominations are to be in writing, addressed to the Returning Officer, no later than Nominations must be received by – 4.00 PM Friday 15 October 2021:
- By post to PO Box 917 Newtown NSW 2042
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to (02) 9206 2053