In June 2022, the NAPWHA national forum of its membership met together in a two-day event in a hybrid face-to-face and live video streaming event. It was the first face-to-face event to happen since the COVID-19 lockdowns commenced in 2020. The event brought together our NAPWHA members, NAPWHA networks, NAPWHA Board and Staff and featured speakers. The first day on Friday showcased the Health Literacy Framework project and the Finding Joy congress, supported by ViiV Healthcare Australia. Below are some of the forum’s agenda items and some of the presentations expanded.
State of the Association: ED Report
Brett Clifton (NAPWHA Deputy Director) presented on the State of the Association, including:
- The Treatment Outreach Network 2022 meeting and 2021 TON meeting held online
- The Finding Joy congress
- Quantifying unmet HIV treatment needs: Peers explain research on TikTok
- ‘Living well’ marks the theme of 2022 National Day of Women Living with HIV
- World AIDS Day community champions reflect on ’40 Years of HIV: Where to Next?’
- Resilient ageing and end-of-life planning among people living with HIV
- UNSW webinar series: Spotlight on Stigma
- Highlights from the Virtual Australasian HIV&AIDS Conference 2021
Fit for Purpose project: Scott Harlum
Scott Harlum (NAPWHA President) presented on a ‘Fit for Purpose’ project.