NAPWHA is looking for a Campaigns and Community Engagement Project Officer (Part time – 4 days a week) to join our dynamic team working from Newtown, Sydney and support implementation of campaign and education projects in 2021. The Project Officer would work collaboratively with other staff, members and key stakeholders to deliver high-quality campaigns and other communications that reflect the core values of the organisation.
- Commencement date: April 2021
- Salary range: $60-70K pro rata, dependent on experience (salary packaging is available)
The ideal applicant would:
- Have experience developing campaign or resources development including strategy, design, creative development, and multi-media involvement — ideally in the community health sector and for people living with HIV.
- Have experience in project management — working with and managing committees, and establishing and working to a project management plan meeting clearly negotiated timeframes and within the set budget.
- Have awareness of HIV and the role of community-based organisations in the Australian HIV response, and an understanding of the diverse populations of people with, and affected by HIV including those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Be someone who enjoys working autonomously and collaboratively within a small team — that is, the ability to take instructions and quickly implement them, work independently and be a collaborative member of a small team.
People living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
This four-day a week position is for a 12-month fixed-term contract and carries a total salary package of 60-70K pro-rata. Salary packaging is also available.
The National Association of People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA) is the peak non-government organisation representing people living with HIV in Australia. NAPWHA provides advocacy, policy, education and outreach for people living with HIV. NAPWHA works across the range of HIV healthcare and positive education initiatives to promote the highest quality standards of care for positive people, to develop and encourage appropriate clinical and social research across the relevant domains of HIV, and to advocate on national HIV issues. In the changing landscape of HIV management, improving long-term quality of life for people with HIV remains a central focus for NAPWHA.. The NAPWHA secretariat works under the direction of the Executive Director to progress issues prioritised through the NAPWHA Strategic Directions and the NAPWHA Board of Directors.
- To request an application package, please contact Gladys Jiminez, Administration Officer, on (02) 8568 0300 (Mon–Fri) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To discuss the position please contact Dr John Rule (NAPWHA Senior Research Manager) or Adrian Ogier (Deputy Director) on (02) 8568 0300 (Mon–Thurs).
- Applications must address the selection criteria and contain a CV, cover letter and the names of three referees.
- Applications must be received by 4.00pm Thursday 25 February 2021 (AEST). All information will be kept confidential.
- Applications must be either posted to: Deputy Director, NAPWHA, P.O Box 917, Newtown NSW 2042 or emailed to: email@example.com