This is a safe, inclusive and dynamic virtual space where every Friday, for one hour, the ever fabulous Vanessa Wagner will be hosting a Zoom video conference event called CHINWAG: Positive Connection with a team of HIV Peer supporters.
- 5:00-6:00 pm (Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney)
- 4:30-5:30 pm (Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin)
- 3:00-4:00 pm (Perth)
CHINWAG: Positive Connection aims to create a fun space for people living with HIV to have a yarn, unwind and come together.
Some special guests will appear:
- Friday 22 May: Inaugural meeting with Vanessa Wagner
- Friday 29 May: Christopher Brett-Renes (Psychosexual therapist, health educator and sexual health/HIV researcher)
- Friday 5 June: Joel Murray (ACON Senior Manager of the community health programs team, which includes the alcohol and other drugs program and needle syringe program)
- Friday 12 June: Brent Clifton (Project Coordinator of RISE study at Kirby Institute UNSW)
- Friday 19 June: Associate Professor Edwina Wright (Infectious diseases physician & clinical researcher at The Alfred and Burnet Institute)
- Friday 26 June: Nic Holas (HIV activist; campaigns director for Change.org Australia; co-founder of The Institute of Many)
- Friday 3 July: Vikas Parwani (Solicitor of The HIV/AIDS Legal Centre – HALC)
This is an initiative which is responding to a NAPWHA survey in April 2020 where we looked at the impact of COVID-19 on people living with HIV. From the 150 participants, the key things that stood out were the challenges of isolation and the need for meaningful interaction. 65% of participants selected Social Connection and 41% of participants chose Mental Health support as two of their most pressing needs right now.
For any questions regarding this event, contact Charlie Tredway (Project Officer; Community Engagement) via email on email@example.com
This activity was made possible with the support of ViiV Healthcare Australia
Cut+and+paste the below URL into your web browser if any issues.