The National Association for People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA) is Australia’s peak non-government organisation representing community-based groups of people living with HIV (PLHIV) across Australia. We provide advocacy, policy, health promotion, effective representation, and outreach on a national level. A strong and effective Board of Directors will keep people living with HIV at the forefront of the response. This will require a dedicated team to align with the vision of the organisation to see a world where people living with HIV live their lives to their full potential, in good health and free from stigma and discrimination.
Beyond ensuring the good governance of the organisation, elected Directors will play a significant role overseeing the implementation of our Strategic Plan 2020 and beyond, as well as supporting staff, volunteers and stakeholders through new opportunities and challenges as we advocate for the health and well being of the HIV community in Australia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for inspirational leaders who have a genuine passion for advancing the rights of people living with HIV.
- Monday 26 August 2019 — Nominations for Board positions open
(President; Treasurer/Secretary; two Ordinary Directors)
- Monday 23 September 2019 — Nominations close at 4:00PM (AEST)
- Friday 27 September until Friday 11 October 2019 — Postal vote to members
- Friday 25 October 2019 — Results announced at NAPWHA Annual General Meeting
How to apply
All potential nominees should review the following information before completing the nomination documents:
- NAPWHA Rules of Incorporation
- Board of Directors Overview [Document coming soon]
All potential nominees must fully complete the following documents prior to submitting their application:
- NAPWHA Board Nomination Form
- Supporting Statement
(a brief personal profile written by the person being nominated, not exceeding 250 words)
Submit your nomination
Nominations are to be in writing, addressed to Aaron Cogle, NAPWHA Executive Director (as secretariat support for returning officer, Tim Leach), submitted no later than 4:00PM on Monday 23 September 2019:
- By post to PO Box 917 Newtown NSW 2042
- By fax to (02) 9565 4860
- By email to email@example.com