NAPWHA works with the media to ensure issues relevant to people living with HIV are reported in a non-judgemental, compassionate way. We are happy to provide comment for the media on stories of relevance to people living with HIV.
NAPWHA is the appropriate organisation to contact for media comments on issues that affect people living with HIV nationally. For state-based issues we recommend you contact our relevant member organisation in the first instance.
NAPWHA media contacts:
For media comment, call the NAPWHA office 02 8568 0300.
Resources for the media:
Includes advice about use of appropriate terminology. It is intended for internal use but will be of use to the media.
Media guide published by the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations, with specifically targeted information for the media.
NAPWHA MEDIA RELEASES
- 30 May 2014 Most vulnerable people with HIV hit hardest by Budget
- 06 May 2014 NAPWHA Executive Director calls time…
- 31 March 2014 Major PBS Barrier to HIV Treatment Lifted
- 06 March 2014 New HIV study shows treatment can deliver ‘zero’ risk of transmission
- 10 January 2014 Increase in all PBS prescription co-payments from January 1st 2014
- 15 May 2015 Pivotal treatment development
- 16 September 2015 Kirby Report findings
- 18 November 2015 Charlie Sheen: "I'm HIV-positive"
- 9 March 2016 Inaugural National Day of Women Living with HIV Australia.